If we go out for a meal and I see creamy garlic mushrooms on the starter menu then that is definitely what I will be ordering. Served with a freshly baked baguette…. oh YUM!
If you are like me and also a huge lover of the creamy garlic mushrooms then you’re going to love this recipe!
- 250g mushrooms – I used chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200ml double cream
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 large garlic glove minced
- 100ml chicken stock
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to season
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Stir through the pan until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms to the butter/onion mixture.
- Fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Add the chicken stock and keep stirring.
- Pour in the cream and add the parsley. Stir and add the grated parmesan cheese to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat. Let the mushrooms simmer in the pan until the parmesan cheese is melted and bubbly. This will take approx 3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
We served ours with part baked baguettes which were perfect to soak up that delicious sauce!
If you try this recipe, I would love to know what you thought!
Please share your makes on Instagram and tag me @notsofarmerswife as I would love to see them!